Thursday, January 31, 2008

Continuing the Struts 2 / Spring / Hibernate Toy

If you are just joining us, I am working my way through this.

I'm working on the provided PersonServiceImpl. Eclipse can't find the @Transactional annotation, which is apparently org.springframework.transaction.annotation.Transactional. Thought I had all the Spring jars -- guess not. http://www.docjar.com/ -- which should be in every developer's bookmark list -- suggests that it is found in spring-dao.jar, which I don't have. It looks like I don't have it because it doesn't exist.

I have a hunch here and it turned out to be right. Rather than relying on Eclipse's Spring enablement guck, I went right to the site to download the latest Spring distribution, and grabbed it. Unpacked it, grabbed spring.jar, dropped it into my project. There, right there, is the org.springframework.transaction.annotation package. I had assumed -- wrongly -- that Eclipse's Spring capability enablement would include spring.jar. Sigh.

No comments: