Friday, February 1, 2008

Changing a data source

It's very quiet here this morning. Snow and ice last night, freezing rain this morning. A lot of people are working from home today.

I'm going to try something wacky this morning. Having successfully finished the 'quickstart' demo provided by the fine Struts 2 folks, I've already changed the names of my packages and classes to match the activities I actually plan to undertake (quickstart.service.PersonServiceImpl changes to com.clientname.project.UserDaoImpl, for instance).

Now I'm going to do something more entertaining. I'm going to try to dump a copy of our dev MySQL database and build it locally, and then point this toy app at it. I may not have the right privs for that. So if that doesn't work, I'm going to point my app at our dev database and see what happens. I'm pretty sure I know what will have to change.

No comments: