Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thought I was GONE didn't you

I've played a bit over the last few days with a simple Struts 2 CRUD app, mostly following the examples given here.

Right now I have a data table that lists the users of the app and provides an exciting 'edit' link for each one. The edit link takes you to a pretty standard 'edit' type page for the given user.

Here's what I'd like to do next (several things, all fairly independent of the others).
  • Turn the data table into a submit-driven paging sorting data grid.
  • Turn the data table into an AJAX-driven paging sorting data grid.
  • Implement a smart(ish) filter for the data grid.
  • Change the two-page layout (table, data entry grid) into a one-page AJAX-driven layout (click on a user to open the edit grid for that user next to the table).
I think I'm going to start with the first one; I'm going to have to do it eventually anyway.

No comments: